Last updated: October 2015
This website (“website”) is operated by Overthorpe Parish Council (“the Council”) whose address is 74 Beaulieu Close, Banbury, OX16 4FQ.
The terms “the Council”, “we”, “us”, “our” and “ours” when used in this Privacy Statement mean Overthorpe Parish Council, which includes its affiliates or companies under the control of the Council.
The terms “you”, “your” and “yours” when used in this Privacy Statement mean any user of this website.
IMPORTANT: We are committed to the privacy and confidentiality of information provided by you to us. By submitting personal data to us and/or by using our website you give your consent that all personal data that you submit may be processed by us in the manner and for the purposes described below.
Scope of Privacy Statement
We are committed to the privacy and confidentiality of information provided by you to us. This Privacy Statement describes our current policies and practices with regard to Personal Data collected by us from you directly and/or through the website to the extent that such Personal Data is protected by applicable European data protection laws. The term “Personal Data” refers to personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, job description, health related data, birth date, e-mail address or mailing address.
Notification of changes to Privacy Statement
We are continually improving our methods of communication and adding new functionality and features to this website and to our existing services. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, our data practices will change from time to time. If and when our data practices change, we will notify you and the local data authority of the changes where required by law. We encourage you to check this page frequently.
Collection of Personal Data including e-mail addresses
You may choose to receive additional information or services from us. When you request additional information, we request personal information about you such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, or telephone number. We may also ask for demographic information to enable us to provide a personalised service to you. The information you provide is either manually or electronically stored in our databases. We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties. For instance, if inaccurate postal or zip codes are received, we may use third party software to fix them.
Use of Personal Data
We will use your Personal Data to fulfil your requests and we will ask only for data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. Where we send you information for any purpose, it may be sent by e-mail or post. When we ask you for Personal Data it may include the following purposes:
- We may contact you occasionally to inform you of new services we will be providing;
- We may send you regular updates on issues we think will be of interest to you;
- We may send you requested information on our services;
- We may use your Personal Data for marketing purposes and market research; and
- We may use your Personal Data internally to administer this website and help us improve our services.
We hope you will be delighted with our services. However, if you do not wish to receive e-mails from us and want to be removed from our electronic mailing list, please contact the Council.
Anonymous data collected through this website
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. For example, our web server automatically logs which pages of our website our visitors view, their IP addresses and which web browsers our visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally, it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our website.
Our website contains hyperlinks to other pages on our website. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on our website our visitors choose to view. Again this technology does not identify you personally – it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
In order to collect the anonymous data described in the preceding paragraph, we may use temporary “cookies” that remain in the cookies file of your browser until the browser is closed.
Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not.
We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information. We may also perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from (i.e: aol.com, yourcompany.com) to more accurately gauge our users’ demographics.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
We do not share, sell or distribute your Personal Data with unrelated third parties, except as otherwise provided for in this Privacy Statement and under these limited circumstances:
- In order to provide you with the information or products which you have requested, Personal Data may occasionally be transferred or shared with other companies within our group of companies or third parties who act for us for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your Personal Data in order to support our information technology or to handle mailings on our behalf.
- We will keep your contact details on our database and may, from time to time e-mail you information to make you aware of our other similar products and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive e-mails from us for these purposes, please let us know by following the “unsubscribe” procedure set out above.
- We may share, transfer or disclose the information in our databases and server logs to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, interacting with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of our merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event. We will inform you of any such transfer or disclosure as required by law.
Where appropriate, before disclosing Personal Data to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data and to comply with applicable law.
Data access and corrections
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your Personal Data, we will disclose to you the Personal Data we hold about you, for which we may make a charge up to the maximum as allowed by applicable law. We will also correct, amend or delete any Personal Data that is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. You may update any information you have given to us by logging onto your account and using the edit my details facility.
Requests to delete Personal Data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us.
Links to other websites
Transfer of data abroad
If you are visiting this website from a country other than the country in which our servers are located (currently UK), the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries.
By visiting this website and communicating electronically with us, you consent to the processing and transfer of your Personal Data as set out in this Privacy Statement.
We welcome comments about this Privacy Statement. If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or any part of our service, you may contact us by e-mailing us at email@example.com , or by writing to us at Overthorpe Parish Council, 74 Beaulieu Close, Banbury, OX16 4FQ UK. Any feedback will be stored at this address.